When most people think about Cosmetic Surgery after Breast Cancer, they immediately envision breast reconstruction surgeries, which are used to restore a woman’s feminine curves by recontouring the chest and providing new breast tissue, or implants, to replace the original breast tissue that was removed; however, the physical and psychological effects of surviving cancer go well beyond the mastectomy techniques that are used to remove the cancer from the body. Most women also undergo debilitating rounds of chemotherapy, which wreak havoc on their healthy cells, as well as the cancerous ones.
Once all of the treatments have ended, and a woman is given the coveted “Cancer Free!” pronunciation, there are years of check-ups and tests before she can feel safe that her body is truly “cancer free”. Cosmetic Surgery procedures can be used to help restore a woman’s youthful and healthy appearance, and to help her regain the sense of confidence and well-being that may have been lost during her journey.
Here are some of the cosmetic procedures that can help a woman embrace her new leash on life after breast cancer.
- A Less-Invasive Facelift. After all of the doctor’s visits and medical procedures involved with cancer treatment, many women are interested in less-invasive procedures that will still provide a dramatic outcome. The SLUPlift™ is a revolutionary Facelift procedure, invented by our own Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj. It uses only a small incision, at the front and the back of each earlobe. Then, the muscles of the face are lifted and threaded in loop fashion to the jowl area. The results are a younger, and smoother face without a full surgical procedure:
- The procedure takes only 1-2 hours and is performed using a Local Anesthetic.
- The recovery period is only 5 days.
- It has much longer lasting results than traditional Mini-Facelift procedures.
- Non-surgical Facelift. We can also use a combination of BOTOX® Cosmetic injections and other fillers to erase wrinkle lines, create fullness where skin has become less elastic or saggy, and to remove dramatic tear troughs and marionette lines. BOTOX® also has other beneficial side effects, including relief from migraine headaches. Dr. S. can even use non-surgical procedures for lip and nose augmentation. Within a couple of hours, your face can appear decades younger, ridding you of the worry lines and unappealing skin sag that may remain after long-term cancer treatments. Some of the other dermal fillers we use to perform a Non-Surgical Facelift include:
- Rhinoplasty. Sometimes, patients who have undergone routine rounds of chemotherapy and surgical procedures for cancer lose their fear of surgery and take the proverbial bull by the horns. They figure if they had to undergo all that surgery for something they didn’t choose, they might as well enjoy Cosmetic Surgery to make improvements that they arein control of. One example of this is Rhinoplasty. A nose can become the bane of a person’s existence. After years of wishing your nose was different, why not take control of your face’s destiny and make it different? Whether you are interested in Ethnic Rhinoplasty procedures, or want to make small changes to your profile, the results will be a nose that enhances your facial proportions and allows you to smile back at your reflection.
- Mix-and-Match procedures. Other times, patients come to us because they don’t know exactly what they want, but they know they want something. During a consultation with Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, you can discuss the things you aren’t happy with, or you wish were different, and Dr. S. can tell you about your options. In many cases, our patients receive a combination of procedures to fix the features they aren’t happy with. This can include things like:
These are just a handful of the procedures we use to restore youth and vitality to our patients.
5. Breast reconstruction. Women who have undergone a Single or Double mastectomy are often interested in Breast Reconstruction surgery. Breast Reconstruction Surgery has come a long way and women can enjoy the benefits of breast that look and feel natural. While we don’t perform this type of Cosmetic Surgery in our office, Dr. Slupchyskyj can provide you with referrals to some of the best Breast Reconstructive Surgeons in the industry.
Embrace Your New Life After Breast Cancer
If you feel that your journey from cancer to cancer free has taken its toll on your physical self and would like to reverse those effects, contact our office. Dr. Oleh Slupchyskyj can meet with you to discuss Cosmetic Surgery procedures that will help you to erase the past and move forward in your new life. When you leave our office, you will look and feel better than ever before.