A Rhytidectomy, or Facelift, is the one of the most popular Plastic Surgery procedures in the U.S. and one of the most highly requested and performed procedures by Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, Director of the Aesthetic Institute of New York & New Jersey. While Facelift Surgery cannot stop the actual aging process, it can turn back the hands of time by as much as ten years.
Today, Facelift procedures are experiencing a surge in popularity. While the number of Cosmetic Surgical procedures increased only 2 percent from 2009 to 2010, the number of Facelifts went up 9 percent during the same period. Dr. Slupchynskyj, a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, performs many Facelift techniques, which are always customized to the patients’ very unique, individual needs. Dr. Slupchynskyj adheres to a strict philosophy that one size does not fit all, ever. Beware of highly marketed Facelifts promising to address all your needs under one “named” Facelift technique offering a rapid recovery.
Facelifts are particularly good at addressing many signs of aging, including: jowls, double chin, mid-face sagging, loose skin, and creases between the nose and corners of the mouth. Patients who wish to address other areas of the face may be better served with a different facial rejuvenation procedure, such as Eyelid, Brow, or Neck Lift Surgery, which Dr. Slupchynskyj often performs in combination with a Facelift.
Dr. Slupchynskyj has successfully performed Facelifts and Revision Facelifts on patients from their 40s to their 80s.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon for Facelift Surgery:
Not all doctors are certified to perform Facelifts, or any other facial surgical procedure such as Rhinoplasty, Neck Lifts and Eyelid Lifts. No one is more qualified than a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with the following training and credentials:
- Surgical residency in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery for 5 years.
- Fellowship Training in the latest advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, sponsored solely by The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Certification by both The American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery and The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Hospital affiliations are critical as every doctor with privileges to operate at an accredited hospital undergoes routine review and examination. Dr. Slupchynskyj has affiliations with New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Lenox Hill Hospital, The Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute, St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston, NJ and Short Hills Surgery Center in Short Hills, NJ.
The best Facial Plastic Surgeons are not just competent in the operating room, but have an excellent eye for the aesthetics of the face. Dr. Slupchynskyj is able to view an individual face and know how the Facelift procedure can and will enhance each person’s unique appearance.
Each patient should only select a Facial Plastic Surgeon he or she feels truly comfortable with–someone who will always answer their questions and address their concerns.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Am I basing my decision on credentials of the doctor or the price?
- Is this sounding too good to be true (if so, it probably is)?
- What results do I expect from my procedure?
- Are my expectations for results realistic? Has my doctor guided me in this regard or does he/she agree to anything I ask for?
- Have all my questions been answered?
10 Reasons to Choose Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj
There are many reasons to choose New York Plastic Surgeon Oleh Slupchynskyj, based on his experience, expertise and accomplishments. Here are the top 10:
- Credentials Dr. Slupchynskyj is Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology for Head and Neck Surgery. During his training, he was selected to complete a rigorous fellowship training program that allowed him to fine-tune his expertise during the early years of his career.
- Specialties: Dr. Slupchynskyj is a Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Specialist. General Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Surgeons have different training requirements. Both receive general plastic surgery training after medical school, but Facial Plastic Surgeons then go on to receive extensive training in reconstructive and Facial Plastic Surgery. General Plastic Surgeons typically do not have any “expanded” training. Facial Plastic Surgeons’ specialized training makes a difference when it comes to performing your Facelift or Rhinoplasty Surgery.
- Dedication to Patient Care and Safety: To Dr. Slupchynskyj, safety comes first. He operates in a clean, modern surgical suite that is equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and technology. The surgical center is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF). Dr. Slupchynskyj has hand-picked his support team of Board Certified Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses and other medical professionals. Each member of the team is certified by the American Heart Association and adheres to the strictest guidelines of patient care.
- Innovations: Dr. Slupchynskyj has not only mastered Facial Surgery, he has developed his own surgical procedure and nasal implant. The SLUPlift™ mini-facelift produces natural results with minimal downtime and no General Anesthesia. The SLUPimplant™ is a customized nasal implant that creates precise and natural-looking nasal augmentation results.
- Experience + Proven Results: Patients travel from all over the world to see Dr. Slupchynskyj, and he never disappoints them. He has worked with notable actors, politicians, athletes, fashion models and Fortune 500 executives.
- Voted Top Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Slupchynskyj was recognized as a top New York City Plastic Surgeon an independent Washington, D.C.– based consumers’ research organization that provides informational guides of professional services for consumers.
- Media Exposure: Dr. Slupchynskyj is sought-after to share his professional expertise as a Plastic Surgery authority in various media outlets, including:
- Revision Rhinoplasty Experience: Dr. Slupchynskyj is often asked by patients who have had unsuccessful Rhinoplasty to correct their results with Revision Surgery.
- High Patient Satisfaction Rate: Dr. Slupchynskyj’s patient satisfaction rate is extremely high and has been reported in a study published in the Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Humanitarian Work: Through Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Slupchynskyj changed the life of a baby born with devastating birth defects from the Chernobyl disaster.