Facelift | Mini Facelift FAQs
Who is a Candidate for the Sluplift™ Mini-Suture Facelift?
Men and women, in any age group, who want minimal downtime, and who are looking to improve mild to moderate jowling and treat excess neck skin (Turkey Neck).
How Long is the Sluplift™ Mini-Suture Facelift Plastic Surgery Procedure and what is the Recovery Time?
The procedure takes approximately 1–2 hours. Sutures are removed the 5th day following surgery. Occasionally suction drains may be used for a 12 hour period to ensure hemostasis. Immediate recovery time post-surgery is 5–10 days. Total recovery time can be up to 1 year with the SLUPlift™ procedure, as with any Facelift Surgery procedure.
What Should I Expect Following the Sluplift™ Mini-Suture Facelift Procedure?
- Temporary Numbness around earlobe.
- Minimal swelling and bruising.
How Long do Results of the Sluplift™ Mini-Suture Facelift Last?
Results of the SLUPlift™ last 5–10 years, depending on the patients’ genetics, diet, and overall health.
What are Advantages of the Sluplift™ Mini-Suture Facelift Procedure?
- The SLUPlift™ requires only a small incision in the front of and in back of the earlobe.
- The muscle under the skin is sutured so it will not loosen.
- Results are immediate.
- Minimal discomfort.
- No hair loss.
- No Pixie Ear Deformity.
- Imperceptible scar.
- Minimal bruising and swelling.
- The immediate recovery time following surgery is approximately 5–10 days. Total recovery can be up to 1 year.
- The SLUPlift™ Mini-Suture Facelift is performed totally under Local Anesthetic (sometimes oral sedation can be used to further relax the patient prior to the procedure).
- Natural appearance (no “wind tunnel” look).
- Excess skin is removed so there is not bunching of skin after repositioning of the skin and muscle.
- No threads under the skin, which can sometimes become visible through the skin and no barbs which can cause a prickling sensation.
- Rarely requires the use of drains.
What are some Disadvantages of the Sluplift?
The SLUPlift™ may not be effective for extreme lift needs. The SLUPlift™ is designed to treat only mild to moderate drooping of the skin, therefore unfortunately the SLUPlift™ is not for patients who have significant drooping of the skin which would better benefit from a Traditional Facelift Surgery. Although the SLUPlift™ is safer for smokers (less risk of any skin necrosis) than a Traditional Facelift (because there is less undermining and dissection), there is an increased risk of infection for smokers and diabetics, as in any other cosmetic procedure.