Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
for Facelift Surgery
A Rhytidectomy, or Facelift, is the one of the most popular Plastic Surgery procedures in the U.S. and one of the most highly requested and performed procedures by Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, Director of the Aesthetic Institute of New York and New Jersey. While Facelift Surgery cannot stop the actual aging process, it can turn back the hands of time by as much as ten years.
Today, Facelift procedures are experiencing a surge in popularity. While the number of Cosmetic Surgical procedures increased only 2% from 2009 to 2010, the number of Facelifts went up 9% during the same period. Dr. Slupchynskyj, a Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, performs many Facelift techniques, which are always customized to the patients’ very unique, individual needs. Dr. Slupchynskyj adheres to a strict philosophy that one size does not fit all, ever. Beware of highly marketed Facelifts promising to address all your needs under one “named” Facelift technique offering a rapid recovery.
Facelifts are particularly good at addressing many signs of aging, including: jowls, double chin, mid-face sagging, loose skin, and creases between the nose and corners of the mouth. Patients who wish to address other areas of the face may be better served with a different facial rejuvenation procedure, such as Eyelid, Brow, or Neck Lift Surgery, which Dr. Slupchynskyj often performs in combination with a Facelift.
Dr. Slupchynskyj has successfully performed Facelifts and Revision Facelifts on patients from their 40s to their 80s.
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon for Facelift Surgery: Not all doctors are certified to perform Facelifts, or any other facial surgical procedure such as Rhinoplasty, Neck Lifts and Eyelid Lifts. No one is more qualified than a Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with the following training and credentials:
- Surgical residency in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery for Five Years.
- Fellowship Training in the latest advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, sponsored solely by The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Certification by both The American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery and The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Hospital affiliations are critical as every doctor with privileges to operate at an accredited hospital undergoes routine review and examination. Dr. Slupchynskyj has affiliations with New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Lenox Hill Hospital, The Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute, St. Barnabas Hospital in Livingston, NJ and Short Hills Surgery Center in Short Hills, NJ.
The best Facial Plastic Surgeons are not just competent in the operating room, but have an excellent eye for the aesthetics of the face. Dr. Slupchynskyj is able to view an individual face and know how the Facelift procedure can and will enhance each person’s unique appearance.
Each patient should only select a Facial Plastic Surgeon he or she feels truly comfortable with–someone who will always answer their questions and address their concerns.
A few questions to ask yourself:
- Am I basing my decision on credentials of the doctor or the price?
- Is this sounding too good to be true (if so, it probably is)?
- What results do I expect from my procedure?
- Are my expectations for results realistic? Has my doctor guided me in this regard or does he/she agree to anything I ask for?
- Have all my questions been answered?