When patients meet with us for Nose Job, AKA Rhinoplasty, consultations, they often ask us, “When is the best time to get a Rhinoplasty procedure done?” Technically, any time is fine, but we do notice that fall and late winter/early spring are when our office is the busiest. There are several reasons for this, which we will delve into here in a minute. However, if you are interested in getting a Nose Job, there is one thing we can tell you for sure: Now is the right time to do your homework, learn all about the procedure, and make appointments for consultations so you can choose the best surgeon for your procedure.
You want your Nose Job to be a once in a lifetime event, and that means choosing an experienced Plastic Surgeon who takes a unique approach for each client, and is committed to producing a final product that is exactly right for you!
Now – onto the questions at hand: When is the best time for Rhinoplasty? Only you have the answer to that because everyone’s social calendar is different. The best way to select the right time for your Rhinoplasty is to follow these simple steps.
- Understand the procedure and recovery. In most cases, a Nose Job will take between 1 and 3 hours, and requires a certain level of sedation. Therefore, you will need to have someone to drive you from the office to your home. Typically, any swelling or bruising will last for about 5 to 10 days. Most of our clients take a full week to ten days off work in order to recover. If you work from home, you may be able to work within 2 to 5 days, depending on how you feel. Every surgeon’s technique is different. Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj uses internal stitches, which means they aren’t visible from the outside, and he does not use nasal packing after the procedure, because his technique doesn’t cause the same amount of bleeding and swelling that is associated with other doctors’ procedures. This can greatly reduce your recovery time. Don’t forget: there are things you can do to help improve your surgical outcome and speed up your healing time. Your diet and lifestyle choices have a direct impact on how well your body heals. During your consultation, we can discuss some dietary and supplement options that will help to reduce inflammation and bruising post-surgery. The more you can do to facilitate your own healing process, the sooner you will be able to look fantastic.
- Get out the calendar. Scan your calendar and look for a three month period with the least amount of public social engagements. Now you can begin to see why early fall and early spring are two of the most popular times for getting a Nose Job. Winter brings a flood of holiday engagements and photo opportunities. Summer is full of weddings, family and class reunions, time spent out in the sun (which is a no-no right after your surgery as your healing tissues should be out of direct sunlight as much as possible), etc. By getting your Nose Job done in the fall or early spring, your brand new nose will be all ready to show off by the time those important events arrive.
- Count backwards. Do you have an extra special event that you want to be ready for? Are you interested in getting a nose job or other Cosmetic procedure in time for a wedding or family photo? If so, you want to note that date and count backwards a few months. That will allow you time to be completely healed and attend to any complications, should they arise, in time to look your very best for your family, friends, and the photos that will be around for decades to come.
- How long have you wanted a Nose Job? Cosmetic Surgery is not something that should be decided on a whim or at the request of another. You should be 100% ready to make the change, and have very realistic expectations about the outcome. That being said, don’t wait too long either. If you have been staring at your reflection, day after day, wishing your nose were different, then take control of your life and make it different. Why spend more days suffering over your reflection when you can make a decision, change your nose to the way you want it, and spend every day from here on out loving what you see looking back at you?
Answering these questions will help you to learn when the best time for your Nose Job will be. We’ll be here waiting to make your transformation a reality. Feel free to contact us and make an appointment to meet Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj, one of New York’s premier Plastic Surgeons.
The nose is considered one of the most noticeable features of a person’s face. Having a well-balanced nose brings facial features into harmony and plays a significant role in a person’s self-image. It can have a positive or negative effect. The good news is if you’re dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose, there are alternatives available. One effective option, which does not involve surgery, is known as the Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.
The Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery or Nose Job) procedure is considered an alternative for minor irregularities of the nose, which can be altered without traditional nose surgery.
How Does a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Work?
Minor irregularities of the nose, like a pinched tip or high nostrils, can be fixed with this method. The injectable fillers are placed under the skin tissues to amplify the outer appearance of the nose. The patient usually undergoes a simple non-surgical procedure for as little as 15 to 20 minutes without any significant downtime.
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is temporary and involves enhancements to specific portions of the nose with fillers that are safe and simple. The changes are immediate and do not result in permanent changes.
The filler is injected under the skin tissue through a process called the micro droplet technique, which very gentle on the skin. Since this procedure does not involve surgery, the patient is fully awake throughout the process. You can actually view the procedure with a mirror as Dr. Slupchynskyj applies an anesthetic to the nose portion and injects the injectable to specific portions of the nose during the entire process. The only aspect, which needs attention after this simple procedure is to do follow-up, visits to further enhance the developments.
For irregularities which may involve an asymmetrical nose, dentations or a sharp nose that appear too small or too large in comparison to the overall facial structure, this type of non-surgical procedure is a good alternative.
Here are a few benefits of dermal fillers:
• The results are natural-looking and immediately noticeable.
• There is no downtime following the procedure. Patients can resume their daily activities.
• Dermal fillers are considered temporary. So, if you’re not completely satisfied with the enhancement, the results will eventually fade and a different approach can be pursued.
Prior to any Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure, Dr. Slupchynskyj will assess the facial structure and do an in-depth analysis of the specific areas of the nose, which would benefit from a filler lift. During this initial assessment, the treatment options and the realistic outcomes from this procedure are thoroughly discussed.
With this particular procedure you cannot make more advanced changes to the nose topography like a thinner bridge, a narrower tip or removal of large dorsal humps. However, just like any cosmetic enhancement, the Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty method is capable of camouflaging minor nose deformities.
Advantages of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty offers an array of benefits. Often, patients with minor facial flaws mention to Dr. Slupchynskyj that they experience low self-esteem. Many people who have undergone a Rhinoplasty have experienced a great increase in their self-confidence. Here are a few additional benefits:
• Easy recovery.
• Decreases a rounded nasal tip.
• Provides a lifting effect for a curved nasal tip.
• Decreases dents or grooves.
• Lifts up a horizontal bridge.
• Camouflages crookedness.
• Camouflages a nose bump by filling up the bridge area.